Columbia Crest Reserve is Wine of the World
Each year, Wine Spectator editors review wines from around the world and select the most exciting for their the “Top 100 List.”
This year a wine from Washington captured the #1 spot! This is the first time EVER that a wine from Washington, or the Northwest Region, has been given this award.
Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley Reserve, 2005, $27/bottle – 95 points
This is an amazing achievement considering Wine Spectator editors in 2009 alone reviewed more than 17,000 new releases from around the world in blind tastings.
More than 3,800 of these wines earned outstanding ratings (90 points or higher on our 100-point scale). They narrow the list down based on four criteria: quality (represented by score); value (reflected by release price); availability (measured by case produced or imported); and an X-factor called excitement. But no equation determines the final selections: These choices reflect the editors’ judgment and passion about the wines.
Here were the top 10 wines from Wine Spectator
1. Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley Reserve
2. Numanthia-Termes Toro Termes
3. Domaine du Vieux Telegraphe Chateauneuf-du-Pape La Crau
4. Kosta Brown Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
5. Barone Ricasoli Chianti Classico Castello di Brolio
6. Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Signature
7. Renato Ratti Barolo Marcenasco
8. Fontdoti Colli della Toscana Centrale Flaccianello
9. Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc Russian River Valley
10. Brancaia Toscana Tre
Let’s hope this will continue to develop the wine industry in the Northwest, including Idaho!
Our Creative Advertising Services
Campaign Planning™ & Strategy
Brand & Sales Strategy, Research
Art, Story & Experiential
Copywriting, Design, Social, Content
Websites, Campaign Assets, Apps, Email
Media Strategy, Planning & Buying
Media Strategy, Planning, Buying, Trafficking & Attribution
Data Insights & Analytics
Media Optimization, Trends, Forecasting, Testing
Photo & Video Production
Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Post